[MythDora] Schedules Direct
gchris at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 24 13:29:56 CEST 2007
Some good news!
The URL problem was pilot error, the channel scan problem is real.
I decided to try to update a working MythDora 4.0 and found Axel's new
RPM's in testing. I enabled Axel's YUM testing repo, stopped
mythbackend and issued yum upgrade \*myth\*. That gave me a nice batch
of fresh from the oven RPMs (0.20.1-162.fc6) which I proceeded to
install without incident.
I started mythtv-setup and as before tried changing the user id for my
SD account. Same result as f7, no joy. Then I thought about deleting
the video sources and starting from scratch. Much Joy! When the old
sources were deleted I now had a new grabber called "North American
(SchedulesDirect.org) (Internal)" and clicking it gave me the option of
the (TMS Labs) grabber I'd seen before. Now when I entered my SD id I
could get my channel lineups. Also, when I channel scanned my dvb
cards, scan worked better than it had in many, many months. The signal
meters were even working as they should! I wasn't able to fetch my
analog channels but that may be a configuration problem with the way SD
works, not necessarily a cause for alarm. Lastly, mythfilldatabase
appeared to work as it should, pulling data from SD now.
I've been up all night and have got to get some zzzs but at this point,
things are looking really good!
More information about the mythdora