[MythDora] MythDora, RHEL5/CentOS, and atrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 8 18:47:25 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:40:00PM -0400, gchris wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >>>
> >> Think about the permutations!
> >> Hypothetical:
> >> I'm building a new system. Should I use MD/F or MD/R?
> >> What MB are you using?  Abit xx/yy.
> >> That uses the new I975 chipset so you should use MD/F.
> >> And I want to use firewire...?
> >> Oh. that's currently broken in MD/F but it works in MD/R.
> >> So which should I use?
> >> Neither. :-(
> >
> > But at least the guy w/ Abit xx/yy and w/o I975 is happy, as well as
> > the guy w/o Abit xx/yy, but w/ I975.
> >
> Absolutely, but sorting that out on a daily basis falls on Dennis.

Not only. We're all here providing the bits to run capture cards
(ivtv-kmdl, v4l-kmd), graphics drivers (nvidia stuff), distro-agnostic
mythtv packages and all that. As long as mythdora is close to what
Fedora/RHEL/atrpms provide any support request can easily be diverted
to these areas. And we have representants of any of these right
here. Couldn't be better.

/me starts to think gchris hates RHEL :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net