[MythDora] MythDora 4 pungi progress (was: Trouble-video4linux...)

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Fri Mar 16 20:27:38 CET 2007

> On Thursday 15 March 2007 14:57:34 Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> Woo! I'll get a new pungi-based spin together tonight rebased on 2.6.20
>> and
>> w/the video4linux bits chopped out...
>
> Done. Also beefed up the "MythTV Development" selectable task to trigger
> the
> installation of all mythtv-suite BuildRequires and necessary developer
> tools.
> The DVD ISO currently weighs in at about 990MB with those, some more gnome
> bits and xfce bits added. Oh, and anaconda's default partitioning will
> attempt to create a 100M /boot, then a VG using the remaining space, with
> up
> to 10G for /, a suitable swap partition, and the remaining disk space
> as /storage.

If you've modified the anaconda default partitioning schema, why not just
define the /video standard (as is in the autoks.cfg). This way if the user
that chooses custom, ends up choosing a default partitioning scheme,
they'll already have all the required directories / partitions.

I guess the other option would be to modify the postprep.sh to link /video
to /storage if /storage exists, however this seems like a it defeats the
purpose. Thoughts?

 Still need to resync with Dennis for his latest mythdora