[MythDora] Transcode failed with status: 0
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 28 17:44:58 CET 2007
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:37:04AM -0500, Dennis Hand wrote:
> Hmmm, thats very odd. I can do a dependency check on my FC5 tree and
> libmp3lame won't come up as a missing dependency. This is an older
> version of lame-3.96-1.11 so not sure if that has anything to do with
Can you check with rpm -qRp on this package? There is no such package
at ATrpms, there was only lame-3.96.1-11 from 2004 (note the dash and
In fact it's very difficult to not have these dependencies created,
because rpm does that automatically.
> It's not a big deal really. I just found it odd that alot of my
> members started posting about all these ripping and transcoding
> problems and finally someone posted saying that this one rpm was
> missing. I do have this in the new FC6 build so I'm all good now.
Maybe it's not missing/needed at all?
> On 2/28/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:39:17PM -0500, Dennis Hand wrote:
> > > >How can that happen (technically)? Isn't this checked by anaconda at
> > > >creation time? Or is the dependency on the package missing? If it's
> > > >the latter I'd like to fix that in the package.
> > >
> > > The libmp3lame is not a dependency of lame and it really should be. I
> > > guess I should have emailed you on this but I actually just found this
> > > out a short while ago. I do a total dependency check on my install tree
> > > just before I build a new ISO and libmp3lame never came back as a
> > > missing dependency and this is why I didn't catch it. This is on the FC5
> > > build but FC6 lame does require libmp3lame.
> > The lame package has the following dependency:
> > $ rpm -qR lame | grep mp3
> > libmp3lame.so.0()(64bit)
> > (That's on x86_64, so you get the extra '()(64bit)', but the same holds
> > true for i386)
> > This is provided by
> > $ rpm -q --whatprovides 'libmp3lame.so.0()(64bit)'
> > libmp3lame0-3.97-15.fc6.at
> > If I check the same on FC5/i386, and even use repoquery I find the same:
> > # repoquery -q --whatprovides 'libmp3lame.so.0'
> > libmp3lame0-0:3.97-15.fc5.at.i386
> > # rpm -e libmp3lame0
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> > libmp3lame.so.0 is needed by (installed) lame-3.97-15.fc5.at.i386
> > libmp3lame.so.0 is needed by (installed) libquicktime-0.9.10-18.fc5.at.i386
> > _______________________________________________
> > mythdora mailing list
> > mythdora at atrpms.net
> > http://lists.atrpms.net/mailman/listinfo/mythdora
> mythdora mailing list
> mythdora at atrpms.net
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/mythdora/attachments/20070228/799737c6/attachment.bin
More information about the mythdora