[ATrpms-users] mythtv symbol lookup failure on fresh install

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:36:36 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Duncan Brown <atrpms at duncb.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/09/2011 02:46, sdkovacs wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed Centos 6, and the mythtv packages (mythtv.i686
>> 0:0.24.1-277.el6) . However I get a failure when starting mythbackend:
>>
>> # service mythbackend start
>> Starting mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: symbol lookup error:
>> /usr/bin/mythbackend: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii
>>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> You need to install the qt47 packages in atrpms-testing

Thank you.  I would have though that yum should bring in all
dependencies when doing a yum install mythtv-suite. Regardless,  I
installed qt47, and mythbackend still refuses to start, this time with
a different undefined symbol error.

# service mythbackend start
Starting mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4: undefined symbol:
_ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv
                                                           [FAILED]
[root at mythbox videos]# rpm -qa | grep qt
qt-mysql-4.6.2-17.el6.i686
qt-x11-4.6.2-17.el6.i686
qt47-4.7.2-1_18.el6.i686
qtwebkit-2.0-3.el6.i686