[ATrpms-users] Problems with previous Nvidia yum pull

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 13:42:22 CEST 2008

When I was doing a pull with yum on Nvidia driver version 173.14.12, I
was getting (in addition to what I was supposed to be getting) driver
libs version

169.12

This is on X86_64, Fedora 8.  In addition. when you do an uninstall with
yum, /usr/lib64/nvidia-graphics-169.12 is not removed.  This was
generating alot of graphics trouble, and was the reason I started
looking at the driver install situation a little more closely in the
first place.

Further, when an uninstall is done,
the /usr/lib64/nvidia-graphics-helpers directory and files are not
removed.

What I was forced to do was to manually download all rpms of the correct
version and install using rpm packagemanager, after manually removing
everything that wouldn't uninstall otherwise.

Just FYI for the next nvidia drivers, which I think are going to be
version 177.

I wonder if this should be posted to the dev list as well?

LX