[ATrpms-users] Request to package: atool, a program for unpacking archives

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:12:44 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:

> Paulo Cavalcanti <promac <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> ><http://www.nongnu.org/atool/>
>
> >http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/atool-0.35.0-1.fc8.src.rpm<http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/atool-0.35.0-1.fc8.src.rpm>
>
> Thank you, this builds and installs successfully on my FC9 box.
>
> >These, I did not find for Fedora: bzip,
>
> Superseded by bzip2 many years ago
> (<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1997/12/msg00579.html>).

Right.

> >lha,
>
> Non-free, but see <http://freshmeat.net/projects/lhaforunix/>.

The source is not available. You have to ask for it to the author.

> >unalz
>
> This is packaged in Debian but its home page is all in Korean:
> <http://www.kipple.pe.kr/win/unalz/>.

This one I think is popular only in Korea. I package it, anyway.

> I don't think any of these three are worth worrying about.  Besides, atool
> will
> automatically use them if they are installed.

There is also rar/unrar e unace.
unrar is available at Freshrpms, and unace at Livna.
I have my own package for rar based on the binaries in the site.

I used Requires (hint) for these 3 packages.
But I think it will force the installation of the packages anyway.

Maybe Axel can explain better what Requires(hint) is for.
It should be only for documentation purposes, I guess...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ