[ATrpms-users] MPlayer and Codecs

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Nov 17 23:45:10 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:07:44PM -0500, Jake Thompson wrote:
> In that cas, Axel would it be possible/wanted to put the mplayer i386 build
> in as part of the x86_64 repo.   Otherwise it seems the only way it to
> temporarily switch to the i386 repo(using yum).  Or does something like
> smart handle this better?

Yes, that suggestion makes much sense. One needs to check also which
further dependencies need to be flagged as multilib, too, but that's
just some straight-forward jobs to do (try to install, add missing
deps, retry and so on). A smart depsolver could do that on the client
side, but it's better to not pollute the x86_64 space with all i386
packages in the first place.

Could you open a bug report at bugzilla.atrpms.net? That's not
something very urgent and it may get forgotten which would be
sad. Thanks!