[ATrpms-users] lirc without kernel modules - finally!

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Nov 16 12:33:01 CET 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 09:12:48AM -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> Re: lirc without kernel modules - finally!

> I am attaching the new lircd for my remote (Pixelview PV-M4900 FM.RC),
> in case someone else uses it.

But this probably only holds true for some devices (e.g. it already
did for some), not all of the range lirc supports, or not? That's the
reason that the lirc userland packages doesn't depend on the kmdls as
is typical for any other kernel module package (the missing
%kmdl_parentdependencies).

> This seems to be the future. I created a new lirc-devices rpm for myself
> with these modifications.

Is it possible to have an lirc-devices rpm serving both devices
needing kmdls and such not needing any?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net