[ATrpms-users] latest mythTV

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Jan 8 16:58:31 CET 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 13:26, Axel Thimm wrote:
> What card/driver? I know nvidia can do Xv only one one display (the
> first?). So you need to tune the driver config to move the Xv feature
> over to another display.

There's only one display configured and I use the exact same config as before.
So, either something has changed in mythTV or the nvidia driver so that my
current config is not valid any more or there's a bug in either mythTV or
nvidia driver (or even the sound driver).
I'll ask on mythTV list about to 100% CPU usage in XV mode. This must be a
known issue I guess.

> > 2) When I set output to XvMC it does full framerate but still consumes
> > about 50% CPU which is not normal I believe. Also sound is stuttering.
> > One good thing is that the image quality using XvMC is much better than
> > what I had before.
>
> Is XvmCW configured properly? Check /etc/X11/XvMCConfig

The nvidia library is in there, so I assume that's correct.

Regards,
Marcel