[ATrpms-users] ivtv-kmdl-2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 incomplete?

William Lott atrpms-users-mail at wlott.org
Sun Feb 12 23:02:21 CET 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 11:40:13AM -0800, William Lott wrote:
>

>>I just updated my kernel to 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 and pulled down the
>>corresponding ivtv kernel module.  But it looks like the ivtv kernel
>>module .rpm no longer contains the ivtv specific versions of the
>>tveeprom, msp2400, tuner, and tda9887 kernel modules.  At least I think
>>they used to be in with the ivtv kernel module.  I stupidly cleared out
>>the old kernels and kernel modules before noticing that my tuners were
>>no longer working, so I can't confirm that.  Nor can I get anything to
>>record.
>>

>That's because the ivtv driver conditionaly builds some modules
>depending on your kernel's version. So that's OK.
>

>>I tried removing the "alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv" lines from
>>my modprobe.conf under the hope that the modules built into the 2.6.15
>>kernel would work with ivtv, but that didn't work either.
>>

>Maybe you have more alias lines in there that need removal.
>

>>Where the ivtv versions of those other kernel modules moved to some
>>other package that I now have to download?  Or where they mistakenly
>>left out?  Please help, 'cause I just totally buggered my mythtv
>>setup right in the middle of the winter olympics!

Here's a tip: when you are reading through /var/log/messages after
rebooting, you need to go to the *latest* ivtv init section to see if
your most recent changes worked.  If you keep looking at the *first*
(i.e. same) ivtv init section, nothing you try will have any effect and
you will feel quite silly when you realize what you've been doing after
posting to atrpms-users.

So yes, once all the -ivtv alias lines are removed from modprobe.conf,
the latest ivtv works just fine with 2.6.15-1.1831.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt reply.  As always, atrpms is an awesome
resourse!

-William