[ATrpms-users] openafs-client broken, wrong dependency

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Aug 3 00:19:22 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 06:32:25PM +0200, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the package openafs-client-1.4.1-8.fc5.at.i386.rpm is broken (output
> from "apt-get install openafs-client"):
>   openafs-client: Depends: openafs-kernel but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> This is a packaging error, below is an excerpt from
> http://dl.atrpms.net/all/openafs.spec:

Thanks, I though I had that fixed, but somehow it slipped.

> %package client
> Requires: binutils, openafs-kernel, openafs = %{evr}
> Group: Networking/Filesystem
> %kmdl_parentdependencies
>
> In my opinion the correct dependencies are handled by
> the %kmdl_parentdependencies macro above, so the explicit "Requires:
> openafs-kernel" is unneeded and causing the problem here.

Yes, that's correct. leo has some other fixes for FC6 in the queue, so
I'll rebuild soon to get fixed packages out.

Thanks for testing, and even more for finding and fixing bugs! :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net