[ATrpms-users] Re: newrpms base and kde-redhat dl probs

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sat Sep 10 17:41:08 CEST 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:35:16PM +0200, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>is it possible that something has gone wrong with an update/copy
>>somewhere because I get all kinds of errors trying to update.
>>
>>apt-get update gives these errors for example (just a selection):
>>
>>98% [4 pkglist 264984/280kB 94%]
>>bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
>>       perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
>>bzip2: Resource temporarily unavailable
>>       Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
>>
>>It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
>>You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.
>>
>>You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
>>data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.
>>
>>Err http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net fedora/4/i386/stable pkglist
>> Could not open file
>>/var/state/apt/lists/partial/kde-redhat.atrpms.net_apt_kde-redhat_fedora_4_i386_base_pkglist.stable
>>- open (2 No such file or directory)
>>Failed to fetch
>>http://newrpms.atrpms.net/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc4/base/pkglist.newrpms
>>404 Not Found
>>

>That's true, the master site has lost its base dir, and the mirror
>removed it, too:
>
>http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc4/
>

>>Failed to fetch
>>http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/4/i386/base/pkglist.stable
>>Could not open file
>>/var/state/apt/lists/partial/kde-redhat.atrpms.net_apt_kde-redhat_fedora_4_i386_base_pkglist.stable
>>- open (2 No such file or directory)
>>W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
>>http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/4/i386/base/pkglist.stable
>>

>That file also does not exist, but the*.bz2 variant does. So this is
>the same error like the very first one. It failed to do something with
>the *.bz2 file and failed over to try the non-bz2 one (which does not
>exist).
>
>The bz2 one is sane, though:
>
>$ wget http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/4/i386/base/pkglist.stable.bz2
>--15:38:14--  http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/4/i386/base/pkglist.stable.bz2
>           => `pkglist.stable.bz2'
>Resolving kde-redhat.atrpms.net... 160.45.32.86
>Connecting to kde-redhat.atrpms.net[160.45.32.86]:80... connected.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>Length: 280,347 [application/x-bzip2]
>
>100%[====================================>] 280,347       54.38K/s    ETA 00:00
>
>15:38:24 (37.17 KB/s) - `pkglist.stable.bz2' saved [280,347/280,347]
>
>$ bzip2 -t pkglist.stable.bz2
>$
>
>Perhaps your network connection went down while downloading? Please
>retry (perhaps wiping the /var/state/apt/ bits before that).

After removing everything in that folder I get the following error when
doing an apt-get update:

E: Could not open lock file /var/state/apt/lists/lock - open (2 No such
file or directory)
E: Unable to lock the list directory

Any ideas how to get back to normal? :-)

And do you know how I can get smart to re-get its lists because I think
that one is a bit mixed up too.

Thanks,
-Tako