[ATrpms-users] Compiling FC3 kernel source

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 11 22:18:46 CET 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 12:58, Wayne Steenburg wrote:
> > I am trying to compile my own kernel, because I want to compile XFS
> > support into the kernel
>
> If that's the only reason, don't it's already there.
>
> [wayne at FC3Work build]$ cat /lib/modules/2.6.10-1.741_FC3/build/.config |
> grep XFS
>
> CONFIG_XFS_FS=m
> # CONFIG_XFS_RT is not set
> CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA=y
> CONFIG_XFS_SECURITY=y
> CONFIG_XFS_POSIX_ACL=y
> CONFIG_VXFS_FS=m

Yeah, copy that. I've got several boxes w/stock FC3 kernels and XFS
partitions. Of course, you could be saying you want XFS in the kernel, as
opposed to being built as a loadable kernel module. There's no functional
difference though, aside from needing XFS modules in your initrd if /boot
or / is formatted XFS (which is a bad idea anyhow, ext3 is much better suited
for those partitions).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com