[ATrpms-users] Re: atrpms borked my machine

thomas scott urban tsurban at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 21:55:50 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 16:23 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 07:11:17AM -0800, thomas scott urban wrote:
> > Sorry for the inflammatory subject.
>
> If you think it's inflammatory and that you need to appologize, why
> use it in the first place?

Attention getting playfulness. Are you going to make me apologize
again?

> >   After enabling atrpms to get the mythtv  client package on my fedora 4
> > box, things have been consistently going bad.  Yum updating frequently
> > doesn't work with broken dependencies; some of the repositories that got
> > turned on don't seem to ever be available.  Printing got borked.
>
> Sounds like you explicitly ased for medley-package-config. If so, why
> did you do that, if you don't know what it implies?

I was following the instructions at
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
- they led me to add atrpms and freshrpms repos.  I don't really know
what the medley package is - I don't recall ever explicitly requesting
it.  Therefore, I certainly don't know it implies.  Do you pointers to
some documentation that would explain this to me?

Scott