[ATrpms-users] Re: slightly OT: firefox + thunderbird?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 29 01:05:03 CEST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 15:53, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Color me interested. I don't use tbird much, but I do use firefox on a
> > daily basis.
>
> I'm the opposite - been a galeon fan forever (willing to switch, but
> last firefox was still too slow)

Part of my reason for using Firefox is to get at least a little bit of the
same thing across all the platforms I use. I flip between it and Konq when
I'm using Linux.

> but would like to move from evolution
> (I hate it, but there's been nothing better to date)

What about KMail and/or Kontact? I've become a fairly big fan of KMail (esp.
on SuSE 9.1).

> to thunderbird now
> that the things that have annoyed me most have been fixed.

Gotta try it out again, I guess. It was so-so when I last tried it out (on
Windows though).

> I don't mind helping to test spec files, etc.  Like I said, I tried to
> compile by just updating fedora's specs for the new version numbers (and
> removing patches which were seemingly already applied), but the builds
> just stopped.

:-\

I wonder if DAG is working on an updated Firefox build yet... (off to hunt for
info)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com