[ATrpms-devel] New viridian and kradio4 available

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 11 19:35:25 CET 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 19:05 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net>
> wrote:
>
>         On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 08:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>         >
>         >
>         > On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti
>         <promac at gmail.com>
>         > wrote:
>         > I stripped kradio4 libs, but this is only necessary when
>         building with
>         > ffmpeg.

What happens when you don't strip?

>         > Then I realized that you are building ffmpeg using
>         > --disable-stripping.
>         >
>         > Does this make any difference or I shouldn't have stripped
>         kradio4?
>

>         "Modern" rpm automatically strips anything out into debuginfo
>         packages,
>         so usually you don't want to have the build process itself
>         strip out the
>         debug symbols. If you aren't installing debuginfo packages for
>         any
>         related purpose the outcome should be the same.
>

> That is what I thought. But the version I ship to Fedora without
> ffmpeg, does not need stripping,
> and if I do, the debug info package is empty, as it should be.
>
> On the other hand, the version for ATrpms with ffmpeg requires the
> stripping step,
> and the debug info package is not empty! (how can that be??)

kradio4 doesn't produce any debuginfo packages at ATrpms, at least not
the latest version you posted.

> Both versions were built using mock, and I can not explain the
> difference.
> The only thing I can think of is the non stripped ffmpeg package, but
> I may be completely wrong ...

You can always check what has been stripped by checking the contents of
the debuginfo package. If you see sources from ffmpeg then it was the
non-stripped ffmpeg.

--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/