[ATrpms-devel] Re: Interest in FC3t3 testing?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 25 21:42:31 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 03:00, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:06:01PM +0200, Mark Wormgoor wrote:
> > My workstation cannot run FC1 (since it has a BIOS IDE RAID controller)
> > and I recently hacked FC3 test to install on it.  So, I do have a
> > partition containing FC3 test, but it's lacking all the ATrpms packages I
> > need ;)
> > I would love to upgrade my desktop to 2.6, so lets start testing.
> > Hand over the medley-fc3-bleeding-config sources.list ;)
>
> The base/updates repos are missing (until now I was borrowing those
> from freshrpms), but the rest is there.

I got around that part by setting up a local fc3t3 base os mirror and then I
pull down rawhide packages to create an updates repo, all using yam. Handy
little tool...

> > > FC3 ETA is in two weeks.
> >
> > Yup.  I am expecting my new MythTV box by then and would love to use FC3
> > on that.
>
> Sorry, mythtv is one of the broken packages ... :(

I'm assuming this is a compiler issue, yes? I did a complete rebuild of my
pcHDTV box this weekend, which is now running something somewhere between FC2
and FC3 (most notably, gcc 3.4 and xorg 6.8.1 from rawhide). I seem to have
gained some performance w/HDTV playback from moving to a 2.6.9 kernel
compiled with gcc 3.4 over my prior 2.6.7 kernel compiled with gcc 3.3, but
while Myth does successfully build and the backend runs fine, the frontend
bombs out every time (can't recall the exact error). Is this the same
breakage you're referring to?

> But you can still use the FC2 version.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. There were some gcc 3.4-specific fixes
just checked into CVS, so I'm planning on trying that in a little while...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com